If you would like to support the Campaign for Equal Marriage in the Church of England, here are some suggestions for what you can do:
Some suggestions for prayer:
- Pray for the leadership of the Church of England, for wisdom to find the right way forward and for hearts open to change and the leading of the Holy Spirit
- Thank God for the gift of marriage and all its blessings in love and faithfulness
- Pray for a spirit of reconciliation and respect between those who disagree about equal marriage and the place of LGBTI people in the Church’s life and ministry
- Pray for all loving couples who are planning to marry, that they may have a joyful wedding and a fruitful life together
- Pray for those Christian married couples who experience discrimination and loss because of they are of the same gender: may the God of love comfort and strengthen them
Subscribe to receive updates and newsletters
You can subscribe to this website by filling in the subscription form at the foot of every page. After you submit the form and confirm your subscription, you will receive email notifications when a new post is published plus occasional newsletters. Subscribing does not imply that you support this campaign.
Donate to the Campaign
Please consider donating to the Equal Campaign if you can. We don’t have any other sources of funding, and every pound donated goes towards our work.
Unfortunately our PayPal account is currently not working, so we have temporarily removed the Donate button until it is back in action – which we hope will be very soon.
There is a Donate button at the left of the menu bar on every page. The button links to our donation page on the PayPal website, where you can pay by credit or debit card or from your PayPal account if you have one.
Sign our Open Letter to the House of Bishops
Offer to help us in our work
If there’s something you might be able to do to help the Campaign, please contact us and tell us about it – we will try to get back to you as soon as we can.
Spread the word
Tell others about the Campaign
Why not talk to people at church about Equal and encourage them to visit our website? And you could mention the Campaign on social media. You might want to write a supportive letter to the Church Times or Church of England Newspaper, or even to take part in a radio phone-in.
Download flyers, posters and leaflets
We are producing a range of flyers, posters and leaflets about the Campaign and the issue of equal marriage in church. Right now there are just a couple of simple flyers suitable for a church noticeboard, but more will be on their way soon. All these resources are downloadable free as PDF files that can be printed on A3, A4 or A5 paper.
Wear an ‘Equal’ badge
We have two great lapel badges available, one with the Equal symbol and one with ‘Equal’ in logo form. They are available in sets of two (one each of the two designs) – and the more you buy, the cheaper they are. Why not order twenty sets, wear one set yourself and give the others away to like-minded friends? Visit our store here.